Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What about boys?

I have worked with many young children and families and I have seen the “boy code” be implemented on every single one of them. When being scolded for doing girly things the boys feeling would be extremely hurt and then on top of that they say boy don’t cry making the situation even worse. No wonder so many young boys are aggressive it’s the only outlet society accepts from them! And the comment I hated most from the parents I worked with was I love my child no matter what, even though they would have just yelled at the little boy for playing dress up with his younger sister. So it is apparent that the way parents and people carry out this code onto little boys that it is only for themselves (the adults). They do it so that they are not embarrassed, because the child has no problem with doing such things until he has reprimanded enough to figure he is not supposed to do that. Honestly I think the boys have it rougher in life, especially when their young.

No comments: